How was everyone’s August?!
I am happy we’re one month closer to Fall. You’ll see some serious Pumpkin Spice spirit up in here once the crisp weather finally comes.
I read 5 books in August. We went out of town, which always means my reading goals take a kick to the crotch. It’s a step down from the 8 I read in July, but it’s fine.
First, in my actual life…
1. I’m sure you’re tired of hearing about it, but did you watch the eclipse?! We were in a 91% totality zone that day so we had a pretty good view. It was neat?? I mean, I wasn’t freaking out about it or anything, but I was glad I got to look at it.
2. I won three giveaways recently! I won “The Girl with All the Gifts” by M.R. Carey from Books, Bones & Buffy. And an epic giveaway from @stmarkseve on Instagram. And a $10 Amazon gift card from Savings in Seconds. Anddd I won a book from Goodreads Giveaways. What is my life right now!! (This is not normal for me, trust me.)
This is what I received from the @stmarkseve giveaway!:
3. The two book clubs I’m a part of start this month! I do one with friends at my house and another at the local library. And they are both so much fun. I have missed them over the summer. So… yay!
4. This month, my first request for a book on Netgalley was declined… It’s totally no big deal, but I’m still over here like:
Continue reading “August 2017 Wrap Up”
I hope everyone had a fantastic July!
I read double the amount of books from last month. 4 read in June and 8 read in this month. Woo!
First, in my actual life…
1. We live in the South (US), like I’ve mentioned before. Almost all of our days in July have been in the high 90’s, with humidity that makes it feel like 103 degrees (according to the handy little widget on my phone). It’s been killer. And our air conditioner broke. We spent about four days like…
And also we own no fans. Because I was unprepared.
2. July 4th was Independence Day for us here in the US of A! I’ve been reading a lot of books with American soldier-main characters so my patriotism is obnoxiously sky-high right now.
As promised in my last wrap up post, here are the American flag leggings I wore to celebrate Independence Day!
2. We have a two year old little girl, who for the purpose of this blog I will call “Miss Stinky.” (Because she is often stinky.) Miss Stinky loves sleeping in her crib, where she is surrounded by soft blankets and her favorite stuffed animals. She hasn’t climbed out of her crib at all and I’ve been happy to keep her contained in said crib.
Yesterday this happened: Before I put her down for a nap, I cleaned up her room. I put all her toys and books away and straightened up. About two hours later, I heard her awake so I went into her room to find her sweetly laying in her crib, snuggling her stuffed animals… with her room a disaster. Toys everywhere and somehow, she found a crayon and had written all over the walls.
So she had climbed out of her crib, ransacked the room, and then climbed back in for a little snooze.
Heaven help me.
Continue reading “July 2017 Wrap Up”
Welcome to my first ever monthly Wrap Up post!
I only read 4 books this month. You read that right: 4.
I know, and I call myself a book blogger.
Books Read in June
My Book of the Month!: Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty (click for review)
The Last Days of Night by Graham Moore (click for review)
The Summer That Melted Everything by Tiffany McDaniel (click for review)
And super honesty time: I’m still reading A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman. I’m only half way through, but I’m still counting it as a June read??
Continue reading “June 2017 Wrap Up”